Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for REDLEAF

REDLEAF, a seat in Penshurst parish, Kent; 6 miles N W of Tunbridge Wells. It belonged to the Harveys; passed to the Spencers and the Wellses; is now the residence of A. Glendenning, Esq.; and was long noted for a very rich collection of pictures, most of which have been dispersed.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a seat"   (ADL Feature Type: "residential sites")
Administrative units: Penshurst AP/CP       Kent AncC

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.