Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for RIDLINGTON

RIDLINGTON, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; near the coast, 4½ miles E of North Walsham r.station. Post-town, North Walsham, under Norwich. Acres, 635. Real property, £1, 474. Pop., 236. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to M. J. Shepheard, Esq.; and most of the land, to G. E. Cubitt, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of East Ruston, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £208. Patron, alternatelythe Hon. Capt. E. Wodehouse and the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church has a tower, with figures of the four evangelists in the place of pinnacles.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Ridlington AP/CP       Smallburgh PLU/Inc/RegD       Norfolk AncC
Place: Ridlington

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.