Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SHUCKBURGH (Lower and Upper)

SHUCKBURGH (Lower and Upper), two parishes in Southam district, Warwick; 5 and 4½ miles W of Daventry r. station. Post town, Daventry. Acres, 870 and 910. Real property, £1,902 and £2,075. Pop., 152 and 60. Houses, 34 and 11. The manors, with S. Hall, belong to Sir F. Shuckburgh, Bart. The livings are united p. curacies in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £30. Patron, Sir F. Shuckburgh, Bart. The church was rebuilt in 1846. There is a free school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "two parishes"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Southam PLU/RegD       Warwickshire AncC
Place: Lower Shuckburgh

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.