Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SKELSMERGH

SKELSMERGH, a township in Kendal parish, Westmoreland; 2 miles NE of Kendal. Real property, with Patton, £6,675. Pop. of S. alone, 325. Houses, 55. There are corn, worsted, and bobbin mills, and a Roman Catholic chapel.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Kendal CP/AP/Tn       Skelsmergh CP/Tn/Ch       Westmorland AncC
Place: Skelsmergh

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.