Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SPELSBURY

SPELSBURY, a parish, with a village and four hamlets, in Chipping-Norton district, Oxford; 1½ mile NNW of Charlbury r. station. Post town, Enstone. Acres, 3,900. Real property, 3,522. Pop., 516. Houses, 112. The property is divided among four. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £211.* Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is good; and there are a free-school, and charities £12.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village and four hamlets"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Spelsbury CP/AP       Chipping Norton PLU/RegD       Oxfordshire AncC
Place: Spelsbury

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.