Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SPIXWORTH

SPIXWORTH, a parish in St. Faith district, Norfolk; 5 miles N by E of Norwich r. station. Post town, Norwich. Acres, 1,224. Real property, £2,227. Pop., 44. Houses, 8. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to J. Longe, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £362.* Patron, J. Longe, Esq. The church is good. Archbishop Hoadley was rector.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Spixworth AP/CP       Norfolk AncC
Place: Spixworth

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.