Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for STOCKLEIGH-ENGLISH

STOCKLEIGH-ENGLISH, a parish in Crediton district, Devon; 4½ miles N by E of Crediton r. station. Post town, Crediton. Acres, 1,110. Real property, £1,264. Pop., 114. Houses, 20. The property belongs to J. P. Bellew, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early decorated English.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Stockleigh English CP/AP       Crediton PLU/RegD       Devon AncC
Place: Stockleigh English

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.