Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TERWICK

TERWICK, a parish in Midhurst district, Sussex; 1½ mile N of Elsted r. station, and 4¼ W by N of Midhurst. Post town, Petersfield. Acres, 718. Real property, £948. Pop., 106. Houses, 22. The manor, from the earliest Norman time, has been held with Rogate. Dangstein house is the seat of R. H. Nevill, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Rev. W. S. Richards. The church was restored in 1847.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Terwick AP/CP       Midhurst PLU/RegD       Sussex AncC
Place: Terwick

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.