Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TEY (Little)

TEY (Little), a parish in Lexden district, Essex; 2 miles W by S of Marks-Tey Junction, and 2¾ E by N of Coggeshall. Post town, Kelvedon. Acres, 486. Real property, £1,028. Pop., 63. Houses, 13. The property is subdivided The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £122.* Patron, the Bishop of R. The church is tolerable.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Little Tey AP/CP       Lexden and Winstree PLU/RegD       Essex AncC
Place names: LITTLE TEY     |     TEY     |     TEY LITTLE
Place: Little Tey

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.