Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for THOYDON-MOUNT

THOYDON-MOUNT, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; 2¾ miles SE of Epping r. station. Post town, Epping. Acres, 1,500. Real property, £2,586. Pop., 154. Houses, 36. Hill Hall is the seat of Sir W. B. Smijth, Bart. The living is a rectory, annexed to Stapleford-Tawney The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Theydon Mount CP/AP       Ongar PLU/RegD       Essex AncC
Place: Theydon Mount

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.