Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for THRIBERGH

THRIBERGH, a parish, with a village, in Rotherham district, W. R. Yorkshire; 3½ miles NE by E of Rotherham r. station. It has a post-office under Rotherham. Acres, 1,624. Rated property, £1,966. Pop., 330. Houses, 65. All the land, with T. Park, belongs to J. Fullerton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £329.* Patron, J. Fullerton, Esq. The church is good, and has a tower and spire. There is an endowed national school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Yorkshire AncC
Place: Thrybergh

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.