Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TOLLER -PORCORUM

TOLLER -PORCORUM, a parish, with Kingcombe tything, in Dorchester district, Dorset; at Toller r. station, 2½ miles W of Maiden-Newton. Post town, Maiden-Newton, under Dorchester. Acres, 3,143. Real property, with T.-Fratrum and Wrexall, £5,378. Pop. of T. P. alone, 500. Houses, 102. The property is sub-divided. There are stone quarries and chalk pits. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £200.* Patron, F. Janvrin, Esq. The church is good; and there are an endowed school with £21 a year, and charities £12.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with Kingcombe tything"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Toller Porcorum AP/CP       Dorset AncC
Place: Toller Porcorum

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.