Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TREALS

TREALS, a township-chapelry, with three hamlets, in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; near Kirkham r. station. Post town, Kirkham, under Preston. Acres, 4,015. Real property, £5,321. Pop., 632. Houses, 120. The manor belongs to the Earl of Derby. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £100.* Patron, the Vicar of Kirkham. The church was built in 1856; the parsonage, in 1863. There are an endowed school, and charities £10.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township-chapelry, with three hamlets"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Kirkham AP/CP       Lancashire AncC
Place: Treales

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.