Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WADDINGTON

WADDINGTON, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Lincoln; on the Lincoln and Grantham railway, 4 miles S of Lincoln. It has a post-office under Lincoln, and a r. station. Acres, 3,305. Real property, £10,31 4. Pop., 909. Houses, 200. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £850.* Patron, Lincoln College, Oxford. The church was recently restored. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £7.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Waddington CP/AP       Lincolnshire AncC
Place: Waddington

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.