Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WALTON-UPON-TRENT

WALTON-UPON-TRENT, a parish, with a village, in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; on the river Trent, adjacent to Barton and Walton r. station, and 4¼ miles SW by S of Burton. It has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent. Acres, 2,309. Real property, £5,962. Pop., 430. Houses, 94. The manor belongs to the trustees of the late J. L. Ridgway. W. Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £818.* Patron. P H. Fisher, Esq. The church is early English There are an endowed school with £21 a year, and charities £9.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Walton upon Trent CP/AP       Derbyshire AncC
Place: Walton upon Trent

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.