Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WARD-END

WARD-END, a chapelry in Aston parish, Warwick; near Castle-Bromwich and Erdington r. stations, 3½ miles NE of Birmingham. Post town, Birmingham. Acres, 1,075. Pop., 405. W.-E. Hall is the seat of W. Hutton, Esq. There are extensive wire mills. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £70. Patron, the Vicar of Aston. The church was rebuilt in 1835.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Aston CP/AP       Warwickshire AncC
Place: Ward End

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.