Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WEALD-BASSETT (North)

WEALD-BASSETT (North), a parish, with a village, two hamlets, and a r. station, in Epping district, Essex; on the London and Ongar railway, 3 miles NE of Epping. Post town, Epping. Acres, 3,377. Real property, £3,563. Pop., 842. Houses, 185. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £445.* Patron, alternately the Bishop of Rochester and R. P. Ward, Esq. The church is good; and there are an endowed school with £10 a year, and charities 13.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village, two hamlets, and a r station"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: North Weald Bassett CP/AP       Epping PLU/RegD       Essex AncC
Place names: NORTH WEALD BASSETT     |     WEALD BASSETT     |     WEALD BASSETT NORTH
Place: North Weald Bassett

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.