Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BANKS

BANKS, a chapelry in North Meols parish, Lancashire; 3 miles NE of Southport. It was constituted in 1867. The living is a vicarage.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: North Meols CP/AP       Lancashire AncC
Place: Banks

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.