Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BARTON-BLOUNT

BARTON-BLOUNT, a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; on a tributary of the river Dove, 4 miles NNE of Tutbury r. station, and 10 W of Derby. Post Town, Church-Broughton, under Derby. Acres, 1,150. Real property, £2,301. Pop., 73. Houses, 7. The property is not much divided. Barton Hall is the seat of F. Bradshaw, Esq. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £69. Patron, F. Bradshaw, Esq. The church is excellent.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Barton Blount AP/CP       Derbyshire AncC
Place: Barton Blount

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.