Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BEGUILDY, or Llanfihangel-Beguildy

BEGUILDY, or Llanfihangel-Beguildy, a township and a parish in Knighton district, Radnor. The township lies on the river Teme, 8 miles NW of Knighton r. station. Real property, £2,210. The parish consists of two divisions, Lower and Upper; and includes the townships of Creebyther, Mydwalled, Beguildy, and Pennant, and part of the borough of Knucklas; and its Post Town is Felindre, under Knighton. Acres, 16,645. Real property, £6,868. Pop., 1,203. Houses, 214. The surface is hilly; and most of it is moor or pasture. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £16 4. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. Charities, £17.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township and a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bugeildy AP/CP       Knighton PLU/RegD       Radnorshire AncC
Place names: BEGUILDY     |     BEGUILDY OR LLANFIHANGEL BEGUILDY     |     LLANFIHANGEL BEGUILDY
Place: Bugeildy

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.