Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BISHOP-MONKTON

BISHOP-MONKTON, a township-chapelry in Ripon parish, W. R. Yorkshire; adjacent to the Northeastern railway, 1½ mile NE of Wormald-Green station, and 4 SSE of Ripon. It has a post office under Ripon. Acres, 2,089. Real property, £3,734. Pop., 444. Houses, 112. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £100. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ripon. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township-chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bishop Monkton CP/Ch       Ripon Tn/AP/CP       Yorkshire AncC
Place: Bishop Monkton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.