Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BOBBINGWORTH

BOBBINGWORTH, a parish and a subdistrict in Ongar district, Essex. The parish bears also the name of Boringer; and lies 2 ½ miles N W of Ongar r. station, and 5 ½ SE of Harlow. Post Town, Ongar. Acres, 1,628. Real property, £2,474. Pop., 334. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £393.* Patrons, J. A. Houblon andCure, Esqs. The church is good.-The subdistrict contains fifteen parishes. Acres, 47,465. Pop., 5,465. Houses, 1,145.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish and a subdistrict"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bobbingworth CP/AP       Bobbingworth SubD       Ongar PLU/RegD       Essex AncC
Place: Bobbingworth

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.