Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BULCOTE

BULCOTE, a chapelry in Burton-Joyce parish, Notts; on the river Trent and the Midland railway, 1 mile NE of Burton-Joyce r. station, and 4½ NW of Bingham. Post Town, Burton-Joyce, under Nottingham. Acres, 970. Real property, £1,139. Pop., 136. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Burton-Joyce, in the diocese of Lincoln.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bulcote CP/Ch       Burton Joyce AP/CP       Nottinghamshire AncC
Place: Bulcote

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.