Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BULLINGHAM (Upper), or Bullinghope

BULLINGHAM (Upper), or Bullinghope, a parish in the county and district of Hereford; on the river Wye, 2 miles S of Hereford. Post Town, Hereford. Acres, 698. Real property, £1,361. Pop., 83. Houses, 19. The property is all in one estate The parish is ecclesiastically united with Lower Bullingham and Grafton townships. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is modern.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bullingham AP/CP       Upper Bullingham Tn/CP       Herefordshire AncC
Place names: BULLINGHAM     |     BULLINGHAM UPPER     |     BULLINGHAM UPPER OR BULLINGHOPE     |     BULLINGHOPE     |     UPPER BULLINGHAM
Place: Bullingham

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.