Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for CASTLE-MORTON, or Morton-Foliot

CASTLE-MORTON, or Morton-Foliot, a parish in Upton-on-Severn district, Worcester; under the Malvern hills, 4½ miles SW by W of Upton-on-Severn, and 3½ S by E of Malvern r. station. Post Town, Longdon, under Tewkesbury. Acres, 3,656. Real property, £5,569. Pop., 818. Houses, 195. The property is much subdivided. A castle of the De Montes stood here. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Longdon, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is ancient but good; and a chapel for the outlying portions of Castle-Morton and Berrow was built in 1869. There are a national school, and charities £28.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Castlemorton Ch/CP       Upton upon Severn PLU/RegD       Worcestershire AncC
Place names: CASTLE MORTON     |     CASTLE MORTON OR MORTON FOLIOT     |     MORTON FOLIOT
Place: Castlemorton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.