Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for CAVENHAM

CAVENHAM, a parish in Mildenhall district, Suffolk; on the river Lark, 2½ miles N of Higham r. station, and 4½ SE of Mildenhall. Post Town, Tuddenham, under Soham. Acres, 2,630. Real property, £1,270. Pop., 229. Houses, 48. The property is divided among a few. Cavenham Hall is the seat of the Waddingtons. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £113. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a neat small edifice, with a tower. Charities, £43.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Cavenham CP/AP       Mildenhall PLU/RegD       Suffolk AncC
Place: Cavenham

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.