Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for CHAPEL-LE-DALE, or Ingleton-Fells

CHAPEL-LE-DALE, or Ingleton-Fells, a chapelry in Bentham parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 5 miles NNE of Bentham r. station, and 10½ NW of Settle. Post Town, Bentham, under Lancaster. Pop, 190. The surface is mountainous. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £122.* Patron, the Rector of Bentham.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bentham CP/AP       Yorkshire AncC
Place names: CHAPEL LE DALE     |     CHAPEL LE DALE OR INGLETON FELLS     |     INGLETON FELLS
Place: Chapel le Dale

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.