Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for CLETHER (St.)

CLETHER (St.), a parish in Camelford district, Cornwall; on the river Inny, 7 miles E by N of Camelford, and 7½ W of Launceston r. station. Post town, Altarnun, under Launceston. Acres, 2, 960. Real property, £2, 414. Pop., 229. Houses, 42. The property is much subdivided. The rocks include granite and hornblende. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £165.* Patron, not reported. The church is good. Remains of a small chapel are over a spring, called Basil's well.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: St Clether AP/CP       Cornwall AncC
Place names: CLETHER ST     |     ST CLETHER
Place: St Clether

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.