Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for COEDKERNEW

COEDKERNEW, a parish in Newport district, Monmouth; adjacent to the South Wales railway, 1½ mile NE of Marshfield r. station, and 4 SW of Newport. Post town, Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 765. Real property, £1, 078. Pop., 163. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of St. Bride-Wentllooge, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Coedcernyw CP/AP       Newport PLU/RegD       Monmouthshire AncC
Place: Coedcernyw

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.