Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for COMBE-ENGLISH, or Inglishcombe

COMBE-ENGLISH, or Inglishcombe, a parish in Bath district, Somerset; on the Wans dyke, adjacent to the Great Western railway, near Twerton station, 2 ½ miles SW of Bath. Post town, Twerton, under Bath. Acres, 1,852. Real property, £2, 810. Pop., 559. Houses, 110. The livingg is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £185.* Patron, not reported.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: English Combe CP/AP       Bath PLU/RegD       Somerset AncC
Place names: COMBE ENGLISH     |     COMBE ENGLISH OR INGLISHCOMBE     |     INGLISHCOMBE
Place: English Combe

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.