Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for COMPTON-DANDO

COMPTON-DANDO, a parish in Keynsham district, Somerset; on Wans dyke and an affluent of the river Avon, 2 miles E by N of Pensford, and 3 SSW of Saltford r. station. It includes Tucking-Mills hamlet and part of Woolard; and its post town is Pensford under Bristol. Acres, 1, 974. Real property, £3, 081. Pop., 347. Houses, 77. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £180.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church has a square lower, and is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £75.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Compton Dando AP/CP       Keynsham PLU/RegD       Somerset AncC
Place: Compton Dando

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.