Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for CORSTON

CORSTON, a parish in Keynsham district, Somerset: on the Great Western railway, adjacent to the river Avon, about a mile SW of Saltford r. station, and 3¾ W of Bath. Post town, Twerton, under Bath. Acres, 1, 190. Real property, £2, 730. Pop., 472. Houses, 103. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath-and Wells. Value, £150.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church is early English; consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and is in good condition. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and charities £15.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Corston CP/AP       Keynsham PLU/RegD       Somerset AncC
Place: Corston

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.