Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for DEUXHILL

DEUXHILL, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; on an affluent of the Severn, 3¾ miles W of Hampton-Loade r. station, and 4½ SSW of Bridgnorth. Post town, Glazeley, under Bridgnorth. Acres, 487. Real property, £460. Pop., 43. Houses, 8. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Chetton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is tolerable.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Deuxhill CP/AP       Bridgnorth PLU/RegD       Shropshire AncC
Place: Deuxhill

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.