Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for DIDLINGTON

DIDLINGTON, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 5½ miles SE by E of Stoke-Ferry, and 6½ N of Brandon r. station. Post town, Northwold, under Brandon. Acres, 1,854. Real property, £1, 283. Pop. 80. Houses, 17. The property is divided among a few. Didlington Hall is the seat of Lord Berners; and contains portraits by Holbein. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Colveston. in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £200. Patron, Lord Berners. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Didlington CP/AP       Swaffham PLU/RegD       Norfolk AncC
Place: Didlington

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.