Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for DINEDOR

DINEDOR, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on the Monmouth and Hereford railway. adjacent to the river Wye, 2½ miles SE by S of Hereford. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 1, 678. Real property, £3, 292. Pop., 270. Houses, 56. The property is all in one estate. Dinedor Hill is crowned by a Roman camp, supposed to be that of Ostorius Scapula; and commands a lovely view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £315. Patron, Worcester College, Oxford. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Dinedor CP/AP       Herefordshire AncC
Place: Dinedor

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.