Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for FOULDEN

FOULDEN, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; near the river Wissey, 4½ miles E by S of Stoke-Ferry, and 8½ N of Brandon r. station. Post town, Northwold, under Brandon. Acres, 3, 395. Real property, £3, 225. Pop., 517. Houses, 106. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Oxburgh, in the diocese . of Norwich. The church is ancient but good; and there are a national school, and charities £47.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Foulden AP/CP       Swaffham PLU/RegD       Norfolk AncC
Place: Foulden

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.