Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for GAUTBY

GAUTBY, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on an affluent of the river Witham, 5 miles NE of Bardney r. station, and 6 NW of Horncastle. Post town, Edlington, under Horncastle. Acres, 1, 444. Real property, £970. Pop., 113. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. Gautby House is the seat of the Vyners. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £77.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Gautby CP/AP       Horncastle PLU/RegD       Lincolnshire AncC
Place: Gautby

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.