Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for GRAYS INN ROAD

GRAYS INN ROAD, a chapelry in St. Andrew Holborn parish, Middlesex; adjacent to Grays Inn, in Logdog, 1 mile NW of St. Paul's. It was constituted in 1839. Pop, 13, 662. Houses, 1, 319. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £300. * Patron, the Rector of St. Andrew Holborn.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: St Andrew Holborn CP/AP       Middlesex AncC
Place: Grays Inn Road

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.