Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for GUNBY ST. NICHOLAS

GUNBY ST. NICHOLAS, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; on the SW verge of the county, 6 miles SW of Corby r. station, and 10 S of Grantham. Posttown, Colsterworth, under Grantham. Acres, 66s. Real property, £1, 669. Pop., 164. Houses, 34. The manor belongs to the Earl of Dysart. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Stainby, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church comprises nave and chancel, with later English tower. Charities, £6.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Gunby AP/CP       Grantham PLU/RegD       Lincolnshire AncC
Place: Gunby

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.