Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HAINFORD, or HAYNFORD

HAINFORD, or HAYNFORD, a parish in St. Faith district, Norfolk; near the river Bure and the line of proected railway from Norwich to Cromer, 7 miles N of Norwich. Post town, Coltishall, under Norwich. Acres, 1, 600. Real property, £3, 350. Pop., 643. Houses, 147. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. P. Marsham, Esq. The living is a recory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £425. Patron, Rev. Henry P. Marsham. The church was built in 1840. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £142.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Hainford AP/CP       Norfolk AncC
Place names: HAINFORD     |     HAINFORD OR HAYNFORD     |     HAYNFORD
Place: Hainford

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.