Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HEADINGTON-QUARRY

HEADINGTON-QUARRY, a chapelry in Headington district, Oxfordshire; 3½ miles E of Oxford r. station. It was constituted in 1850; and it comprises the extraparochial tract of Shotover-Hill-Place, and part of the parish of Headington. Post town, Headington, under Oxford. Pop., 684. Houses, 129. Pop. of the part in Headington parish, 606. Houses, 113. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £124.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Headington PLU/RegD       Oxfordshire AncC
Place: Headington Quarry

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.