Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HOLLINGTON

HOLLINGTON, a township in Longford parish, Derby; 5½ miles SE of Ashborne. Real property, £1, 629. Pop., 296. Houses, 63. The manor belongs to the Hon. E. K. W. Coke. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Hollington Tn/CP       Longford CP/AP       Derbyshire AncC
Place: Hollington

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.