Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HORTON

HORTON, a hamlet or chapelry in Chartham parish, Kent; ½ a mile NE of Chartham village. Acres, 399. Horton Park is a meet for the East Kent hounds. The chapelry is annexed to Chartham rectory in the diocese of Canterbury,


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a hamlet or chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Chartham AP/CP       Kent AncC
Place: Horton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.