Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for IFIELD

IFIELD, a parish in North Aylesford district, Kent; 1¾ mile N of Sole-Street r. station, and 3 S of Gravesend. It contains part of the village of Singlewell, which has a post office under Gravesend. Acres, 312. Real property, £777. Pop., 88. Houses, 12. The manor belongs to T. Colyer, Es l. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £120. Patron, the Rev. W. H. Edmeades. The church was built in 1596, and restored in 1838; has a wooden spire; and is very small.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Ifield AP/CP       Strood PLU/RegD       Kent AncC
Place: Ifield

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.