Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for INGHAM

INGHAM, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 4 miles N of Bury-St. Edmunds r. station. It has a postoffice under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 1,808. Real property, £1, 721. Pop., 236. Houses, 45. The manor belongs to the Rev. E. R. Benyon. The living is a rectory, united with the rectories of Culford and Timworth, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £549.* Patron, the Rev. E. R. Benyon. Charities, £8.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Ingham CP/AP       Suffolk AncC
Place: Ingham

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.