Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for KELSALL

KELSALL, a village and a township-chapelry in Tarvin parish, Cheshire. The village stands at the W border of Delamere forest, 2 miles ENE of Tarvin, and 5¼ NE of Waverton r. station; and has a post office under Chester. The chapelry comprises 1, 223 acres. Real property, £3, 139. Pop., 542. Houses, 120. The manor belongs to Lord Binning. There is a chalybeate spring. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Tarvin, in the diocese of Chester. The original church was built in 1844; and another in 1868. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village and a township-chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Kelsall Tn/CP       Tarvin CP/Tn/AP       Cheshire AncC
Place: Kelsall

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.