Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for KINGSTON-SEYMOUR

KINGSTON-SEYMOUR, a parish, with a village, in Bedminster district, Somerset; on the coast, adjacent to the Clevedon railway, 2½ miles W of Yatton r. station, and 3½ S by E of Clevedon. Post town, Yatton, Somerset. Acres, 3, 422; of which 780 are water. Real property, £7, 17 4. Pop., 336. Houses, 55. The property time of Edward IV., but has been restored and greatly modernized. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £305.* Patrons, the Trustees of the late Mrs. Pigott. The church was thoroughly restored in 1865; and comprises nave. aisle, chancel, and porch, with tower and small spire. The churchyard con tains a well preserved ancient cross. There is a national school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Kingston Seymour AP/CP       Long Ashton PLU/RegD       Somerset AncC
Place: Kingston Seymour

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.