Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for KINGS-WESTON

KINGS-WESTON, a tything in Henbury parish, Gloucester; on the river Avon, at the boundary with Somerset, 3 miles NW of Bristol. Real property, £3, 345. Pop., 216. Houses, 29. Kings-Weston House was the seat of Lord De Clifford; belongs now to the Miles family; is a three story edifice, by Vanbrugh; and has a remarkably beautiful park, almost including Penpole hill, which commands a very fine view.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a tything"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Henbury CP/AP       Gloucestershire AncC
Place: Kings Weston

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.