Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for KIRKBY-GREEN

KIRKBY-GREEN, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 7 miles W SW of Kirkstead r. station, and 8 N by E of Sleaford. Post town, Scopwick, under Sleaford. Acres, 437. Real property, £1, 764. Pop., 175. Houses, . 27. The manor belongs to H. Chaplin, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £180. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was. rebuilt in 1848. There is a United Free Methodist chapel.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Kirkby Green AP/CP       Sleaford PLU/RegD       Lincolnshire AncC
Place: Kirkby Green

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.