Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LEAKE (WEST)

LEAKE (WEST), a parish, with a village, in the district of Loughborough, and county of Nottingham; on an affluent of the river Soar, 2 miles SE of Kegworth r. station, and 5½ N by W of Loughborough. Post town, Loughborough. Acres, 1, 390. Real property, £1, 796. Pop., 171. Houses, 36. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of East Leake, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is ancient; and, in 1866, was in bad repair.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: West Leake AP/CP       Nottinghamshire AncC
Place names: LEAKE     |     LEAKE WEST     |     WEST LEAKE
Place: West Leake

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.